Our web design package will produce a blog for you, rather than static web pages. There are some very good reasons for this approach.
- YOU can add and amend your site content. You will not be tied in to using our services to make changes, although we will happily give you a price for changes.
- A blog lets you easily add many different pages / posts of information that can get picked up by search engines easily.
- Visitors can easily interact with your site by adding comments, that you can reply to. Over time, having comments on your site build up what is known as “social proof” to the search engines that your blog is of interest to your visitors.
When looking for a new service provider, do you pick up the telephone directory, or do you go online? Hmmmm??
Yes… even the smallest of businesses these days needs their own website.
You MAY be tempted to “leave it to Facebook / Pinterest etc”, but your business is too dangerous to leave in the control of a third-party and spend your life fighting algorithms and at risk of having your page shut-down when you have NO idea why! (It happened to me, and to other friends.)
It’s vital to have your own website, and not just a “free” website – which again is hosted by someone else. It’s remarkably affordable to have a self-hosted site where YOU are in control of your content.
Our philosophy is to let experts do the initial task of setting up your website because:
- It’s a one-off task you should never need to do again, so why waste time learning complicated stuff you’ll probably never do again?
- Those brave souls who DO navigate the mire of setting up their own site are unlikely to do as good a job as a professional who has done it many times before. The result of a DIY site is almost always sub-optimal. You’ll probably find, as your knowledge grows, you need to re-do many things we would do for you as standard.
Our approach is to encourage you to have a professionally set up site to start with and then you have three choices:
- You can learn how to manage it yourself and need never involve us again
- We will teach you how to do the regular tasks such as adding articles and routine maintenance
- We can manage your site for you completely. All you need do is supply the content for your articles
We suggest that, at the very least, you will commission us to set up your site in the first instance, and set you on the road to maintaining it yourself. Then you can make your own choice after that.
The sooner your site is online, the sooner you can be working on your own business – which is what you’re best at.
Determined to Set Up Your Own Site?
Here’s a list of some of the skills you will need to learn to set up your own website from scratch.
- Choosing a good domain name
- Registering your domain name with a registrar
- Choosing a web host provider
- Setting up your DNS to connect your domain to your web host provider
- Setting up and configuring a pop email account
- Sourcing attractive images that don’t violate copyright
- Deciding which is the best platform / style for your site
- Learning how to install your website platform
- Using FTP to upload files from your computer to your web host provider’s server
- Setting up a sales page and order link with PayPal if you want to sell online
- Setting up thank you pages
- HTML (unless you are using a blogging platform such as WordPress)
- Installing a free WordPress blog
- Using your WordPress blog
- Which plugins to use – and how to avoid ones that slow down your site
- How to make and edit articles and pages for your site
- Adding an auto-responder and squeeze page to collect your most valuable resource
- Creating the title tag and meta tags for your website
- Optimizing your website for search engines – keyword density and content
- Submitting your site to the search engines
- Should you use affiliate programs?
- Creating redirects for your affiliate links to shorten them
- Connecting your site to your social media accounts
- Engaging with your prospect and clients to encourage (repeat) sales
- Using RSS feeds
Instead of spending weeks or months trying to figure out these skills by yourself, we hope you will choose one of our services.
For more information and a free no obligation chat on how to get started: Contact Us